• All cases must be investigated and filed by a law enforcement agency with the District Attorney's Office.

  • Contact the law enforcement agency that created the report to obtain a copy.

  • Contact the local Attorney General's office at 5610 John Stockbauer Drive; call 800-252-8014 or go to texasattorneygeneral.gov.

  • You can contact the County or District Clerk to see if you are a party in a civil or criminal case or are subject to a warrant from the court. You can call the municipal court or justice courts as well. If you have been arrested, you should expect that you have a case. If you have bonded out of custody it is your responsibility to update the County/District Clerk with your current contact information so that they will send you any future court dates.

  • You do not. In every case the State of Texas and her laws have been violated. The prosecutor represents the state of Texas and her interest. The constitution gives the prosecutor sole discretion as to the cases accepted or prosecuted. If you want to file an affidavit of non-prosecution, then schedule to meet with the Victim Witness Coordinator and prosecutor assigned the case, bring two forms of ID (at least one photo-ID) and make a sworn statement. You can be prosecuted if you previously made a deliberate false statement to a peace officer or if you were to deliberately lie under oath. If is wrong to lie and put someone in jail, or to release a criminal from jail.

  • That depends on how complicated the case is, how much forensic testing is required, how dangerous you are, and the work-loads of the agencies involved. With that in mind it could be the same day or six months.

  • Contact either the Victoria County District Clerk at 361-575-0581 or the County Clerk at 361-575-1478.

  • Yes. Please contact the prosecutor/investigator listed on the subpoena to find out specific dates for your appearance in court. If you refuse to comply with a subpoena issued by a Texas court, the judge has the discretion to find you in contempt; hold you in custody for up to six months in jail or until you purge yourself of contempt and fine you an amount not to exceed $500 in a felony case and $100 in a misdemeanor case.

  • There are many types of witnesses. You may not have seen the crime occur but you may know something about it or you may know something that contradicts another witness's testimony. If you wonder why you are testifying in a particular case, ask the prosecutor/investigator handling the case.

  • No, the District Attorney's Office is prevented by law from representing individuals; they only represent The State of Texas in criminal proceedings and provide legal advice to county elected officials upon formal request. They cannot represent or advise private citizens.

  • A private attorney can advise and represent you.

  • For security reasons, none is provided. If you would like to contact an employee, call 361-575-0468

  • Call our office at 361-575-0468 or review our website.

Website Disclaimer